Broccoli is an excellent source of Vitamin C, but I’m sure even that sexy fact wasn’t enough to entice you to eat it as a kid. Cauliflower is also an great source of the vitamin, along with folate and a good source of fiber and Vitamin K.
When this team of cruciferous vegetables get together they also make for a tasty side dish! After a good roasting, I can be tempted to eat the whole dish.
I stole this recipe from my mom, because I found this is my favorite way to eat them. You can also throw in some carrots for good measure.
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
Cook time: ~40 minutes Yield: 2 servings Calories: 110 per serving
- 1 12 oz. bag of cut broccoli and cauliflower, or two small bunches of each, trimmed near crowns.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Move rack near top of oven.
- In a large oven-safe casserole, place broccoli and cauliflower, coat with olive oil and spices. Toss until thoroughly coated.
- When oven is preheated, place casserole on top rack and set timer for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins., mix contents of casserole. Cook for additional 20 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown and appear slightly frizzled.
Well, how did it come out? Did you add or change anything? Share your tasty twists on this recipe in the comments!